Click Here to Meet the 2017 Journey New Professionals
Since 2002, The Journey has hosted professional development programs designed to help aspiring students and practicing professionals begin and renew their careers in youth development.
The Journey Fellowship for New Professionals in Youth Work provides an opportunity for aspiring youth workers, who are new to the profession (1-4 years), a collegial atmosphere in which to jump start their experience and contribution within the field.
The year-long fellowship program includes:
- four all-expense paid professional development retreats
- individual skill development including core youth work competencies
- scholarships for fellows to pursue individual learning goals
- support and encouragement of a career mentor
- building connections with the larger field and it's leaders
The basic, but fundamental requirements for participation in the program are that the New Professional and their supporting organization make the time available to fully participate during the program year.
The fellow's organization is expected to come alongside the program in the support of their personal and career development.
And the underlying expectation for fellows, is that they would "jump in with both feet" and use the resources and development to craft their own futures and become significant contributors in their own work and lives.