The Journey Fellowship for New Professionals in Youth Work
The Journey Fellowship for New Professionals in Youth Work allows early-career youth workers an opportunity to join with an energized group of peers in order to ground themselves in who they are and their important work.
The year-long fellowship program includes:
- four all-expense paid professional development retreats
- individual skill development including core youth work competencies
- scholarships for fellows to pursue individual learning goals
- support and encouragement of a career mentor
- building connections with the larger field and its leaders
The basic, but fundamental requirements for participation in the program are that the New Professional and their supporting organization make the time available to fully participate during the program year.
The fellow’s organization is expected to come alongside the program in the support of their personal and career development.
And the underlying expectation for fellows is that they would “jump in with both feet” and use the resources and development to craft their own futures and become significant contributors in their own work and lives.